Before you start play with your registry, make sure you have backup or export your windows registry keys on backup drive, because a small mistake in Registry it will cost you to reformat your computer or laptop..so be extra careful with mr.registry.
- First click on Start button then type Regedit in Run option
- In Registry Editor look at left hand panel, and find HKey_Classes_Root / Directory / Shell
- Then Right click on Shell folder option and add any new key with descriptive name and Press Enter.
- Next Right click on that key and give the full path of that program you are interested to add in start button. For example if you want to add MS excel, then full path may be C:\program file\msoffice\msaccess.EXE.
- Close all open programs and access will appear in your computer Start button.